MediAvataar's News Desk
VML India has been named the Digital Creative agency of record (AoR )for Marico’s Parachute Advansed Hair Oil Portfolio.
The mandate won includes digital activation for the brands in the Parachute Advansed Hair Oil portfolio.
Marico Limited is one of India's leading consumer products companies operating in the beauty and wellness space and Parachute Advansed is a household name and brand in hair care in India. As the category gets re-defined and faces competition not just from other hair oils, but the larger hair care industry, Parachute Advansed has diversified their product portfolio to suit the varied needs of their consumers. The productportfolio includes Parachute Advansed Coconut Hair Oil, Parachute Advansed Aloe Vera Enriched Coconut Hair Oil, Parachute Advansed Ayurvedic Hair Oil, Parachute Advansed Deep Conditioning Hot Oil & Parachute Advansed Jasmine Hair Oil.
VML India will lead the digital & social strategy for the entire portfolio, with an aim to create differentiated conversations with the sub-segments each product speaks to. The agency will be collaborating with the brand to define the role of digital for each product within the Parachute Advansed Hair Oil portfolio, aimed towards building brand preference & affinity. Another important area of focus for VML will be driving the brands’ strategy in 3rd party e-commerce, to improve visibility and creating personalised shopping preferences.
Udit Bhambri (Head of VML India) said “To be able to work with a brand like Parachute Advanased is an honor. We very much look forward to partnering the brand with our digital expertise, to drive both consumer share of mind and wallet.”
Viaan Industries appoints Columbus India to handle digital duties for chasebid.com & MatchIPL
Viaan Industries, a popular licencing, entertainment and wellness company promoted by leading entrepreneur Raj Kundra and Bollywood celebrity Shilpa Shetty Kundra, has roped in Columbus India as its digital agency. As part of the new mandate, Columbus India, the data-driven marketing agency from Dentsu Aegis Network, will handle the digital duties of the company’s upcoming offerings - Chasebid.com and MatchIPL Brands. The assignment will involve using Columbus India expertise in the digital ecosystem for customer acquisition, demand generation, digital media and real-time data analytics.
The account was won following a direct pitch and will be handled out of the agency’s Mumbai office.
Commenting on the new partnership, Raj Kundra, Chairman & MD, Viaan Industries said, “I am extremely happy to partner with Columbus India as our digital agency. Columbus India will help our latest brands - chasebid.com and MatchIPL - reach out to our potential users across the internet, thereby maximizing our reach and keep our focus on the cost of customer acquisitions.”
Nitin Sabharwal, chief business officer, Columbus India added, “Our target is to get Chasebid.com and MatchIPL maximum visibility and high intent, paying customers using some of the unique digital solutions built by Columbus India.”
Anurag Gupta, CEO, Columbus India said, “We are trying to make sure that the entertainment industry gets the best-of-breed digital solutions enabling them to increase their focus on digital customer engagement using the large base of ever growing mobile users available in India.”
iCubesWire, a leading digital marketing solution and concept provider, today announced the appointment of Sabareesh Moorthy as the Head- RDX Sales & Trading Desk at their Mumbai office.
He will head the agency account sales in the West region and set up a new initiative in the trading desk for programmatic advertising.
Sabareesh brings with him an industry experience of more than 12 years. Prior to joining iCubesWire, Sabareesh was associated with Publicis Media as Associate Director and Group Head of Advertising Operations, where he was accountable for programmatic technology, campaign management & optimization and advertising operations. He has also worked with Cartrade.com as Assistant General Manager – Media Sales, Madhouse as Group Head – Operations, Automotive Exchange Private Limited as Ad Operations Manager and other organizations like Yahoo India, Tribal DDB India, Mindshare, etc. At iCubesWire, he will work towards expanding and strengthening the business while being closely associated with Sahil Chopra, CEO and Aditya Singh, COO.
Sahil Chopra, CEO & Founder, ICubesWire, says, “Sabareesh brings his vast experience in various facets of digital media like programmatic, client servicing, media strategy, account management, advertising operations & technology and business development. This is one of the many senior levels joining expected in the coming weeks. I am excited to on-board him to the journey of iCubesWire becoming India’s no. 1 Digital Solution Provider.”
Sabareesh Moorthy enthused, “I am delighted to take up this opportunity at iCubesWire, a well-known digital marketing solution provider in the market for the past 7 and half years. I look forward to being instrumental in the overall growth of the organization. After invariable excellence in the services vertical, iCubesWire is now entering the product arena. The future looks promising and my joining comes at the right juncture, wherein I can build strong relationships and contribute towards ICubesWire soaring greater heights.”
Twenty years ago, on June 26, 1997, people were introduced to the magical world of Harry Potter and things changed forever. One stormy night, a boy who lived with his evil Aunt and Uncle was told that he is a wizard and like him people were first shocked and later giddy with excitement. The seven book Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling went on to become a classic and eight spectacular blockbuster motion pictures brought the enchanting words alive on screen.
Embark on this magical adventure as &pictures, Naye India Ka Blockbuster Movie Channel showcases the entire The Harry Potter Film Series in Hindi starting 17th September, every Sunday at 11 AM. Taking the entertainment quotient a notch higher, &pictures has also roped in one of Harry Potter’s biggest fans Darsheel Safary to present the film series.
The Harry Potter Film Series, also featuring Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, follows Harry's quest to overcome his arch-enemy Lord Voldemort. The franchise has won several prestigious awards including Best Actor, Best Visual Effects, Best Cinematography, Best Art Direction, Best Makeup amongst others and captivated the imagination of millions across the globe. Movie after movie, people feel the magic course through their veins as the ‘boy who lived’, Harry Potter along with his best friends Hermione and Ron go on mystical escapades.
A die-hard Harry Potter fan, Darsheel Safary says, “Like any other kid, I have been a huge fan of the Harry Potter series since childhood and everyone should experience this one-of-a-kind magical extravaganza on &pictures. There was a time in school when I would enact casting spells with my pencils and wooden sticks. All actors have a dream role and mine is my childhood dream of being a part of a wizardry school. I really admire the chemistry between the three friends – Harry, Ron & Hermoine & hope that someday Harry Potter is made in India and I get to play Harry’s character.”
The Harry Potter Film Series will kick-start with ‘Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone’ on Sunday, 17th September at 11 AM. Harry Potter is an orphaned boy brought up by his unkind Muggle (non-magical) aunt and uncle. On discovering he is a wizard, the 11-year-old Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) attends Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to learn magic where he befriends Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint) and Hermione Granger (Emma Watson). But instead of running into trouble, trouble seems to find them. At the end of their school year, Harry, Ron and Hermione, stumble on a deadly secret and overcome the challenges that guard the mythical Sorcerer’s Stone. After battling their way through, Harry comes face-to-face with his family’s oldest foe, Lord Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes).
Taking the weekend excitement to an all-time high, the story unfolds every Sunday at 11 AM only on &pictures.
Twitter, the first place to see what’s happening, unveiled a robust slate of premium live and in-stream video content deals across sports, news and entertainment this morning at All That Matters.
Over 35 collaborations were announced, bringing hundreds of hours of new exclusive video and live original programming, live games and events to the platform. The announcement includes extensions of existing global live deals and brings new always-on premium video content on Twitter to advertisers in Asia Pacific. In relation, Twitter rolls out in-stream video advertising offering to the region starting with Australia - more details here.
Twitter executives including Global VP of Revenue & Operations Matthew Derella, Managing Director of Asia Pacific Maya Hari, and Director for Live Partnerships, Bo Han, presented the video content offerings to brand and agency partners. They were joined by guest speakers including Dan Rosen, CEO, ARIA, Anjali Kapoor, Head of Digital, Asia Pacific - Bloomberg LP, Alexander Broun, Director, Digital solutions APAC at FOX Sports, Diane Ho, Head of Screens, Seven West Media Limited, among others.
“Live is at the core of Twitter. In Q2, we streamed over 1,200 hours of live premium content globally from leading brands across sports, esports, news, and entertainment,” said Matthew Derella, Global VP of Revenue & Operations, Twitter. “Asia Pacific is the growth engine of Twitter and we could not be prouder to extend our success with both live streaming and in-stream premium video content in the region.”
"Digital video consumption is growing rapidly in Asia Pacific and estimated to grow to over a billion by 2020,” said Maya Hari, Managing Director of Asia Pacific, Twitter. “Introducing over 35 live and in-stream video sponsorship deals today to APAC advertisers will strengthen the success of our only-on-Twitter experience in the region and globally, combining high quality streaming video with conversation on what’s happening in the world right now."
Attendees were given an overview of the different ways marketers can “be what’s happening” by advertising against premium video content to influential, connected audiences. New live and in-stream video content announced on stage included the following:
● International Cricket Council (ICC): Cricket is the most popular sport in multiple Asia Pacific countries, and Twitter lights up around international matches every year. Fans will be able to experience replays and highlight videos on Twitter from the International Cricket Council (@ICC)’s events in 2018.
● Channel 7 Sports: Tennis fans in Australia will get a closer look at the first tennis grand slam of the year via @7tennis on Twitter as they bring highlights and videos from the Australian Open throughout the two weeks of the event.
● Fox Sports Asia: Fox Sports Asia (@FOXSportsAsia) is one of the region’s largest sports broadcasters and have been leaders in the production of snackable video content for fans on Twitter. From the US Open tennis to Asian football, motorsport to golf, Fox Sports Asia will be bringing fans their most premium real-time highlights videos on Twitter in 2017 and 2018.
● Riot Games: Riot Games (@RiotGames) is Twitter Australia’s partner on League of Legends, the world's highest participation eSports title. The partnership has seen two full Live stream experiences for League of Origin and Oceanic Premier League Grand Final, as well as ten live broadcasts via Periscope Producer. The partnership will see more eSports action coming for fans in the Asia Pacific region.
● KBS Music Bank Weekly Shows: KPop is absolutely massive on Twitter, and Twitter is teaming up with one of South Korea’s biggest broadcasters, KBS World TV (@KBSWorldTV), to reward KPop fans on the platform. KBS World TV and Twitter will livestream an original KPop content ‘Music Bank’ series every week from Oct, 2017. KPop fans on Twitter can enjoy live streamed performances of popular KPOP bands like BTS, EXO, TWICE, Got7 and newly emerging groups.
● Filmfare Awards: India’s most established and most popular Bollywood Awards will continue to strengthen the partnership with Twitter in 2018 with nomination announcements, Red Carpet clips, behind the scenes action and exclusive interaction with winners. This year, as a first for any Indian awards, Bollywood fans across the globe will get to watch a premium live stream on Twitter from a special show around the Filmfare Awards (@Filmfare).
● ARIA Awards: The ARIA Awards (@ARIA_Official) are one of the premiere entertainment events in Asia Pacific, honouring Australia’s top artists and biggest global stars. In 2016, we saw #ARIAs trend globally on Twitter, as users had their say by voting for an award exclusively on the platform. This year, ARIA and Twitter raise the bar with the partnership again, broadcasting the ARIA Awards Red Carpet coverage exclusively live on Twitter around the world. No matter where you are, Twitter will bring you a front row seat to the ARIAs action.
● Bloomberg Asia Pacific: Bloomberg (@BloombergAsia) will be bringing its unrivaled Asia Pacific programming from daily market updates, the latest technology news, to bi-lingual business insights from Japan, to Twitter. This new in-stream video collaboration will reinvent the digital breaking news experience and offer new opportunities for brands to align with Bloomberg’s premium content.
● Buzzfeed Japan: BuzzFeed Japan (@BuzzFeedJapan) is cooking up a storm in one of the tastiest nations on earth. @TastyJapan will be serving up new and original cooking video series exclusively on Twitter, offering the best recipes, tips and secret ingredients in snackable video Tweets. The in-stream video collaboration is an extension of our partnership with Buzzfeed globally.
● Network 18: Network 18 is India's leading media conglomerate across financial, general and digital news, with channels including CNN-News18 (CNN's India affiliate), CNBC-TV18 (CNBC's India affiliate) and firstpost.com. Building on their successful partnership for Budget Day 2017, Network18 and Twitter are working to expand their partnership for Budget 2018.
"We're excited to be embarking on this journey with Twitter to reinvent the digital breaking news experience. By combining Bloomberg's high-quality journalism and data-backed objectivity with Twitter's global immediacy, we are creating the world's fastest and most credible modern news source." - Anjali Kapoor, Head of Digital, APAC, Bloomberg
"We, at Worldwide Media are pleased to associate with Twitter once again for the Filmfare Awards. Last year, we explored some never-before-seen opportunities with Twitter such as introducing first ever emoji for any Indian awards. This year too we look forward to bring exciting and out-of-the-box ideas to engage the huge number of Filmfare fans. This partnership will further enhance the massive reach of Filmfare Awards." - Deepak Lamba, Chief Executive Officer, Worldwide Media Pvt. Ltd.
“As a leading media and entertainment company we offer news and original content relevant to the evolving needs of the Indian consumers. People come to Twitter with a discovery mode and Network 18’s current affairs, financial news and original content will offer them a unique glimpse into what’s happening in the world right now. Our interesting perspectives and powerful storytelling, aligned to Twitter’s real-time engagement and reach will create more value for our viewers.” - Avinash Kaul, Managing Director, A+E Networks | TV18 and President - Strategy, Product & Alliances - Network18
“Our philosophy at Riot Games is that we put the player-experience first. We want our players to have choice when it comes to where they watch their esports and to be able to watch on the platform that provides them with the the interactive experience they prefer. Twitter allows fans to connect with each other and the event in a unique way which the stats show they're enjoying."- Daniel Ringland (@RiotStupendous), Head of eSports Australia and New Zealand, Riot Games