MediAvataar's News Desk
Happy mcgarrybowen, the creative agency from Dentsu Aegis Network, has added creative and account management muscle in the team with the appointment of Rajesh Mani and Kunal Madhavdas as the agency’s first ever ECD and Sr. VP respectively.
Armed with over 18 years of rich experience across agencies like BBH, Ogilvy, Leo Burnett and Commonwealth, Rajesh arrives at Happy to take up the Executive Creative Director role.
Kartik Iyer, CEO, Happy mcgarrybowen, said, “We have been very particular about creative leadership within the agency. Because at that level it’s not just about the talent but more about having the maturity to nurture ideas. We have a strong culture at Happy mcgarrybowen and in Rajesh we found the natural energy to further that culture. It’s great to have him in our team.”
Having worked on many landmark campaigns, such as Vodafone’s Blackberry Boys, The Zoozoos, Lenovo’s Sumo film, many noted pieces on Marico, Chevrolet, Bajaj, Titan and more, Rajesh will head a few of Happy mcgarrybowen’s prime accounts - Ola, Suzuki and Jabong.
Speaking on his appointment Rajesh said, “When I met Kartik, I discovered we had a lot in common and his plans for Happy were exciting. So the decision to join felt like a natural progression. The mandate is simple and clear; to keep the creative flag flying high and that’s what I aim to do.”
Meanwhile Kunal Madhavdas landed at Happy mcgarrybowen after stints at Lowe Lintas, JWT and McCann Erickson in a career that is 14 years in the making. Having overseen multiple blockbuster campaigns for Flipkart, TVS, Myntra, Fastrack, Britannia, Tata Tea, bagging multiple Effies and a couple of AME’s in the process, Kunal joins as Senior Vice President, working closely with Kartik Iyer and Samarjit Choudhry, COO, Happy mcgarrybowen.
Kunal commented, “The intent and the capability to crack and execute integrated campaigns that work effectively across mediums is something most brands look for in their advertising partners today. Happy mcgarrybowen has consistently done that. I can sense happier times ahead, so keep watching!”
The new hires mark a distinct upsurge in direction and ambition from Happy mcgarrybowen on its tenth anniversary and serves as another example of how the agency is investing heavily in the finest talent in India to deliver the best for its clients.
Samarjit Choudhry, COO, Happy mcgarrybowen, said, "Happy mcgarrybowen has a culture of creating great ideas and not just great ads. We are particular about the people who work with us not just on skill set but also on the attitude. With Kunal and now Rajesh we have 2 people who come from the same mindset. They are a fabulous addition to the "Happy" team."
The DDB Mudra Group announced the appointment of Deepak Nair as the Group's first Chief Growth Officer. Along with this position, Deepak will also manage the responsibilities of 22feet Tribal Worldwide as its Chief Executive Officer.
In this role, Deepak will be overseeing the Group’s growth agenda with special focus on Technology, Data and Analytics.
Quoting on the appointment, Vineet Gupta, CEO, DDB Mudra Group said, “The world has changed and we acknowledge that. We also realize the importance of growth - not just for the clients we partner with, but also for our people. I am excited to welcome Deepak on board as the Chief Growth Officer. Deepak is an entrepreneur at heart and has been an incredible partner in the 22feet story. I am confident that his passion for building teams, capabilities and collaborations will help us take progressive leaps towards being increasingly relevant in today’s world.”
Deepak began his career in the early 90s in sales. He followed his entrepreneurial spirit and co-founded White Canvas Communications in 2006 and 22feet in 2009. After the acquisition of 22feet Tribal Worldwide with the DDB Mudra Group in 2014, Deepak was appointed as the Executive Board Member of the Group while serving as the COO, 22feet Tribal Worldwide.
At 22feet Tribal Worldwide, Deepak has been a key contributor in building the operations ground up and leading successful acquisition of 22feet with the DDB Mudra Group over the last three years.
Quoting on his appointment, Deepak Nair said, “In an evolving advertising landscape and a digitally mature marketplace, the opportunity to be a part of the DDB Mudra Group’s growth story is incredibly exciting. I look forward to collaborating with Vineet, to create a future-ready partner for our clients across the group while continuing to drive innovative technology solutions & growth for our clients at 22feet Tribal Worldwide.”
The latest ratings by BARC have further consolidated the Numero Uno position held by the nation's most trusted news channel for the last 16 years.
The leader in the hindi news genre has broken all records and set a new benchmark in the industry and for its competitors. Aaj Tak market share is 1.5 times of nearest competitor(source: BARC, TG - 15+ NCCS ALL, Market - HSM, Time Band:- 7:00-24:00, Period - Wk 33-34'17, Market Share Calculated based on 10 Hindi news Channels).
Aaj Tak has always been in the forefront when it comes to big breaking news and is far ahead of its competitors. The channel has been No. 1 whether it is news on demonetization, surgical strike, Bangladesh Attack, Uri Attack, Tamil Nadu elections, Paris Attack or Nitish CM oath ceremony. Aaj Tak has also always been ahead of competitors on all big events and stories be it Triple talaq verdict, Baba Ram Rahim Conviction. on Baba Ram Rahim Conviction, (Source:- BARC Mkt:-HSM,Period:-25th Aug, TG:2+, Time:-1400-2400 Hrs, Share% Calculated on 10 channels), Aaj Tak took away 1/4th of the total viewership of the hindi news genre which in itself is extraordinary. The nation has trusted Aaj Tak on every important and big breaking news, they were first to break the Ram Rahim and triple talaq story and impact of the story can be seen in the viewership numbers.
Crowned as the undisputed king of hindi news genre. That is not all, no channel has been able to maintain undisputed lead on all time bands all through the day in HSM Market. Aaj Tak was no. 1 in every hour (source: BARC, TG - 2+ NCCS ALL, Market - HSM, Period - Wk 31-34'17, Time Band:- 7:00-24:00,All Days, Avg Imp’000). The brand has become synonymous to news and has built an enviable equity among the viewers as ‘Sabse bharosemand, Sabse Tez.’
The new shows on Aaj Tak have also opened to a roaring applause – Launch of Krantikari bahut krantikari, a show which gives in depth analysis of latest social issue in the country. Panch ka punch with five female anchors - in depth discussion about story of the day & their point of view about each story has already become no.1 in its first week of launch.
Aaj Tak is No.1 channel in coverage at HSM level across all the genres as well (Ahead Hindi GECs leader Colors & Star Plus, Hindi Movie leaders (Sony Max & Star gold ), Channel has reached around 7.8 Crore individuals on 25th Aug Ram rahim conviction day.(Source:- BARC,Mkt:-HSM,TG:2+,TB:- 0700-2400 Hrs,25th Aug –Friday, Cov’000)
On setting the news benchmark and gaining 50% lead over the nearest competitor Ms. Kalli Purie, Group Editorial Director (Broadcast & New Media), India Today Group said “This leadership of Aaj Tak is a sign of trust that the nation reposed on the brand. The latest ratings are no surprise and they only add credence to the well-known fact that Aaj Tak was number one, is number one and will remain number one”. Adding on this further, Ms. Kalli Purie said, “Our fight is never for being number 1, it’s for by how much margin.
Source - BARC, TG - 15+ NCCS ALL, Market - HSM, Period - Wk 33-34'17, Time Band:- 7:00-24:00, Market Share Calculated based on 10 Hindi news Channels
The Lisbon International Advertising Festival has the pleasure to announce the complete list of members of the Executive, Grand and Young Lisbon Jury panels for the 2017 edition.
The Festival aims to award and discuss the best work made in the areas of advertising, design, craft, events, digital and public relations.
The first edition of the Lisbon International Advertising Festival counted with the participation of several esteemed companies and professionals from the creative area. The submitted work was also evaluated by a prestigious international group of judges, setting high standards for future editions.
This year the festival celebrates its second edition, striving to maintain the same level of excellency throughout the competition, creating a space for sharing creative, unique and relevant work.
The submitted work will be assessed at two different stages.
Firstly, through a Grand Jury consisting of one hundred creative professionals. Secondly, and after the Grand Jury selects the Shortlist in each category, these works will be voted in Lisbon, by the Executive Jury panel, chaired by M. Jacques Séguéla.
The Grand Jury panel is also responsible for delivering the “Local Lisbons”, which through Bronze, Silver, and Gold medals recognize the highest scoring works in each region.
The work submitted to the Young Lisbon by EDP competition will be judged by a separate group of creative professionals that will also discuss the submissions in person.
This year’s Award Ceremony will take place in Lisbon, at Microsoft HQ Portugal, on September 21st.
Jury Members by Country
- Marcelo Medeiros – Back Communications – Direct Category
- Mariano Jeger – R/GA Buenos Aires –Film Category
- Nacho Coste – COMBIBuenos Aires – Outdoor Category
- Pedro Saleh – +Castro – Craft Category
- Flavio da Fonseca – Saatchi & Saatchi Sydney – Branded Content Category
- Barbara Dzikanowice– Happiness Brussels – President of the Innovation Category
- Daniel Rincón – McCann Bolivia – Events Category
- Álvaro Rodrigues – 3A Worldwide – President of the Promo & Activation Category
- Ciro Ribeiro Rocha – Enredo Branding – Design Category
- Eco Moliterno – Accenture Interactive – Executive Jury
- Felippe Motta – Master Comunicação – Direct Category
- Henrique Mattos – Publicis –Innovation Category
- PatrÍcia Weiss – ASAS.BR.COM – Branded Content Category
- Thiago Biazetto – Tif Comunicação – PR Category
- Ivelina Gicheva – Tribal Sofia – Events Category
- Anthony Katz – iNexxus | MusicPromoToday – Direct Category
- James Ansley – GREY Canada–Events Category
- Jon Webber – Zulu Alpha Kilo – Innovation Category
- Pancho González – Inbrax – Innovation Category
- Danny Chan – 123 Jumping Innovation – Press Category
- Julián Hernández – Geometry Global Hong Kong – PR Category
- Thierry Halbroth – Publicis Hong Kong – Digital Category
- Claudia Murillo– J. Walter Thompson –Promo & Activation Category
- John Raul Forero – Ogilvy & Mather Colombia – Campaign Category
- Leo Macias — DDB Latina – Innovation Category
- Samuel Estrada – McCann – PR Category
- Jacques Séguéla – Havas – Executive Jury President
- Nicolas Berthier – Fred & Farid –Digital Category
- Olivier Bienaime – 84. Paris – Film Category
- Thierry Astier – Grey Paris – Executive Jury
- Tobias Lykke Aggergaard – TBWA &BBDO Denmark – Outdoor Category
- Levan Lepsveridze – Leavingstone – Digital Category
- Istvan Bracsok – White RabbitBudapest – Campaign Category
- Saar Friedman–Open - Total Brand Experience – Design Category
- Fabrizio Pozza – J. Walter Thompson – Direct Category
- Pasquale Frezza– DLVBBDO – Press Category
- Claudia Cristovão – AKQA Tokyo – Campaign Category
- Peter Grasse– Dictionary Films Tokyo – President of the Craft Category
- Roy Ryo Tsukiji–BIRDMAN – Design Category
- Juan Pablo Valencia–Cheil Kazakhstan – Mobile Category
- Gatis Rozenfelds – Tribe Creative Solutions Agency – PR Category
- Pablo Ferrari – BBDO Mexico – President of the Events Category
- Luis Guimarães – DDB Mozambique – PR Category
- Lars Mars Jorgensen – Two And A Half Viking – Direct Category
- Yv Corbeil– Craft Category
- Natalie Knight– FCB Auckland -Events Category
- Tom Emil Olsen–KIND – Design Category
- Syed Yawar Iqbal –J. Walter Thompson – Radio Category
- Jorgelina Díaz –Nodos Digital – Press Category
- Alessandro Beda- PWC – Mobile Category
- Rafał Nagiecki–Saatchi & Saatchi Warsaw – Design Category
- Ana Paiva – YoungNetwork Group – Events Category
- António Silva – Leo Burnett – Young Lisbon Jury
- César Sousa – FunnyHow? – Branded Content Category
- Edson Athayde - FCB – President of the Outdoor Category
- Fred Oliveira – Krypton – Young Lisbon Jury
- Gabriel Augusto – FLAG – Young Lisbon Jury
- José Godinho Marques – Human – Press Category
- Luís Silva Dias - FCB – Executive Jury
- Marcelo Lourenço – Fuel Lisboa – President of the Young Lisbon Jury
- Marco Pacheco – BBDO – Radio Category
- Marco Pulido – Born – Radio Category
- Mónica Marques – EDP – Young Lisbon Jury
- Nuno Peixoto – comOn Group – Young Lisbon Jury
- Nuno Salvaterra – Publicis One – Press Category
- Paco Cruz – Major West – Craft Category
- Rita Rivotti - Rita Rivotti, Wine Branding & Design – Young Lisbon Jury
- Rui Lorenço – Havas Worldwide Digital – Mobile Category
- Sandra Alvarez – PHD Portugal – Young Lisbon Jury
- Jaime Rosado – J. Walter Thompson – Executive Jury
- José Vallecillo - TBWA\San Juan – Outdoor Category
- Anna Paralyush–Y&R Moscow – Outdoor Category
- Natasha Teddy – BBDO – Promo & Activation Category
- Nikolina Popovic –Havas Adriatic – Campaign Category
- Alejandro Canciobello – McCann Health – Outdoor Category
- Daniel Comar– Geometry – Promo & Activation Category
- Karen Ellis – Leo Burnett – Digital Category
- Kim Lee – Novartis – Campaign Category
- Marco Versolato – J. Walter Thompson Singapore – Film Category
- Tim Cheng – Grey Group/ Singapore –Executive Jury
- Elena Ioulianou – Milk and Honey Produtions – Craft Category
- Jonathan Deeb – FCB FCB Johannesburg – Promo & Activation Category
- Kabelo Moshapalo – TBWA \ Hunt Lascaris – Branded Content Category
- Mick Blore – McCann – Radio Category
- Natalie Walker– Joe Public – Radio Category
- Taejay Lee – FCB Seoul – Digital Category
- Alejandro Arriagada – Honest Barcelona - Promo & Activation Category
- André Sousa Moreira – Y&R Mad – Radio Category
- Iñaki Marti – Leo Burnett Madrid– Mobile Category
- Jesús Lada – Havas Spain – Events Category
- Marta Llucià – McCann Barcelona – President of the Digital Category
- Paloma Rincón Rodriguez - Paloma Rincon Photography – Craft Category
- Pancho Cassis – LOLA MullenLowe – Digital Category
- Paulo Areas – Ogilvy & Mather Spain – President of the Film Category
- Folker Wrage- Wrage/Antwort – Promo & Activation Category
- Nicole Suter – Djembe Communications – PR Category
- Olivier Girard - M&C Saatchi Geneva – Campaign Category
- Erik Kockum- Snask – Design Category
- Golf Nuntawat Chaipornkaew - NAWIN Consultant – Film Category
- Ayşe Aydın–Y&R / Red Team – President of the Radio Category
United Arab Emirates
- Carlos Amseyan – Impact BBDO – Film Category
- João Flores – Horizon FCB – PR Category
- Juliana Paracencio – Ogilvy & Mather Dubai – Branded Content Category
- Komal Bedi Sohal – Saatchi & Saatchi Dubai – Executive Jury
- Ramzy Haddad – Publicis Middle East – President of the PRCategory
- Vidya Manmohan – Grey MENA – Press Category
- Duan Evans – AKQA – President of the Branded Content Category
- Peter Knapp – Landor Associates - President of the Design Category
- Rodrigo Sobral – R/GA UK – President of the Press Category
United States of America
- André Felix - Y&R Miami – President of the Mobile Category
- Andrés Ordóñez – Energy BBDO - President of the Campaign Category
- Bianca Guimarães – BBDO NY – Direct Category
- Ciro Sarmiento – Dieste Inc. – Mobile Category
- Daniel Portuga - SapientRazorfish NYC – Mobile Category
- Diane Iler-Smith - Ogilvy Healthworld, New York – Executive Jury
- Gavin McLeod – AKQA - President of the Direct Category
- Jan Livinston – FOX Networks Group – Innovation Category
- Julia Neumann – MullenLowe NY – Outdoor Category
- Kathy Dziubek – Animal Studio – Craft Category
- Luciana Cani – Lapiz Leo Burnett – Executive Jury
- Natasha Wellesley – 180LA – Innovation Category
- Peter Corbett – ISL – Branded Content Category
- Steve Clarke – CP+B – Film Category
New Android Operating System Named After World’s Favorite Cookie, OREO
On August 21, Google revealed that the next version of its mobile operating system, Android, is named after the world’s favorite cookie – Android OREO.
Historically, Google has named each successive Android release after sweet treats like Eclair, Ice Cream Sandwich and most recently, Nougat. The Android OREO release marks a global collaboration between the OREO brand and Google, which kicked off with the debut of the Android OREO superhero — a new character who personifies the powers of this iconic duo and the features of the new operating system.
Poised to be a pop-culture icon, Android OREO channels the playfulness of OREO and intelligence of Android to spread joy throughout the world. And, like all iconic superheroes, Android OREO originated from a wondrous, and unique, moment in time: the 2017 total solar eclipse that touched the United States.
“It’s not every day that iconic brands like OREO and Android join forces in a way that is truly reflective of both brands’ personalities,” said Justin Parnell, Global Brand Director, OREO “The OREO brand is on a mission to bring people together through fun, playful moments, so infusing the playfulness of OREO with the openness of Android is the perfect match. And with the Android OREO superhero, we’re continuing on our path to engage our fans across the world in innovative ways.”
Also unveiled with the release was the Android OREO superhero kinetic statue—a first of its kind for Android. Building on Google’s tradition of creating giant lawn statues for every Android release, which are housed at its headquarters in Mountain View, California, this new version of the Android OREO statue adds a layer of playful interactivity the OREO brand is known for, together with Android’s rich history with robotics.
The Android OREO partnership will entail a variety of global initiatives designed to create innovative, playful experiences for both OREO and Android fans, enabling OREO to continue to engage with its fans across the world in new ways. Even in India, Android Oreo will focus on the digital medium to interact with the fans. The Android Superhero will appear across social media and online video platforms.