Maharashtra’s Best Employer Brand for best practices in talent management, promoting women in the workforce, attracting millennials, retention strategies and employee empowerment
• VWGSIPL has 550 employees spread across the country
Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt. Ltd. was recently commemorated with the Maharashtra Best Employer Brand Award at the 13th Employer Branding Awards hosted by World HRD Congress in Mumbai. The VWGSIPL team received the award as Maharashtra’s Best Employer Brand for best practices in talent management, promoting women in the workforce, attracting millennials, retention strategies and employee empowerment.
"We have always strived to nurture the talents of our employees and improve their productivity with regular practical and theoretical trainings. We believe in learning from each other and creating a pool of experienced and talented employees who can contribute to the company’s growth, which in turn resonates in their personal growth. This award validates the company’s efforts taken towards the employees and motivates us further to keep pushing our limits,” said Ms. Usha Ramoo, Director, Human Resources and Administration, VWGSIPL.
VWGSIPL’s talent philosophy, which forms the very foundation of all its endeavors, is designed to focus on certain principles, which stand for who they are, and the culture of talent excellence they wish to build. VWGSIPL broke the glass ceiling perception and equipped people to take on larger roles globally. The organization reduced dependence on foreign talent, making it a preferred employer for local talent. VWGSIPL also promoted internal local talent and enhanced their visibility by providing them with growth opportunities and avenues to showcase their potential.
The Maharashtra Best Employer Brand awards had multiple evaluation criteria’s. The research cell consisted of Post Graduates in History & Management with over 7 years research experience posts their studies. It is an iconic job of the research cell to produce a shortlist of top organizations doing extraordinary work and track the record of their achievements. A Jury comprising of senior professionals from across the globe then reviewed the shortlist.
The criteria and competencies benchmarked were:
• Talent Management Strategies
• Employee Engagement & Employee Benefits
• Innovation in Recruitment & Retention strategies
• Equal opportunities for the Women Leaders
• Strategies for the Millennials
The Jury consisted of senior leaders, researchers and academicians and included some prominent names as below:
• Prof. Indira Parikh, Ex Dean of IIM Ahmedabad & President – Antardisha ( Directions from Within )
• Dr. Arun Arora, Ex-President and CEO, The Economic Times ; Chairman, Edvance Pre-schools Pvt. Ltd. & Emeritus Chairman - World HRD Congress
• Dr. Harish Mehta, Chairman & MD - Onward Technologies Ltd.; Emeritus Chairman - World HRD Congress & Founder Member – NASSCOM
• Dr. R L Bhatia, Founder, World CSR Day and World Sustainability
• Nina E. Woodard, President & Chief "N" Sights Officer , Nina E. Woodard & Associates, a division of NDPendence, Inc