Backed by Neeraj Bhargava, the company has raised USD 2.5 million from angel investors to launch 8 new shows, 100 games and 30 new characters in 2018
Kinsane Entertainment Inc, a global digital entertainment company, co-founded by Kurt Inderbitzin, Indrani Pillai and Saahil Bhargava and angel funded by Neeraj Bhargava and other investors, is set to storm the kids’ entertainment space globally. Kinsane is a ‘digital first’ company that creates fun and captivating content for kids aged 2-11 years in numerous languages, then distributes that content globally through a variety of advertising, subscription and transaction-based revenue models.
Kinsane’s Chief Mentor, Neeraj Bhargava, a serial entrepreneur who was co-founder and CEO of NYSE-listed WNS, founder and Senior Managing Director of Zodius Capital, a former McKinsey partner, and one of several prominent angel investors that seeded the company, said “We are seeing major disruptions globally in the digital media space. Television viewing is gradually declining and content consumption is being revolutionized. According to a parent survey conducted by DHX/IPSOS, 72% of kids across U.S, U.K, and Canada watch content on streaming services such as YouTube and Netflix. The digitization of content has made content consumption global and omnipresent. The next leader in content will almost certainly be born digital and Kinsane aspires to be the gamechanger in the kids’ content space.”
Kinsane’s strategy is to create a wide variety of videos and games featuring endearing and original characters that become global, iconic brands. The goal is to take these brands, established in the digital space, and propagate them further through non-digital channels such as film, television, concerts and merchandising. Kinsane plans to launch over 8 new shows and 100 games featuring 30 new and compelling characters over the next 12 months. The core target markets for this content are the US, Europe, India, Brazil, and China.
Kurt Inderbitzin, Co-Founder, and CEO, Kinsane Entertainment Inc., said “Kinsane aims to be your child’s best friend. We create content featuring characters that live and breathe and have personalities as rich and diverse as the very kids who are watching them. Kids can view these amazing characters, laugh and sing with them and even interact with them in games, live action, and animated shows, augmented reality and audio books.”
Kinsane’s management team comprises stalwarts from the media and entertainment industry.
• Kurt Inderbitzin, Co-Founder, and CEO is a pioneering leader in the finance, media, and education sectors, has produced content for NBC, CBS, ABC, Lifetime and TNT, and has founded two media schools in India.
• Indrani Pillai, Co-Founder, and Vice President, Content, has extensive experience in ani-mation with Big Animation and live-action production with Ferriswheel and brings her multitude of skills to creating entertaining universes for kids at Kinsane.
• Saahil Bhargava, Co-Founder, Content Writer, and Strategist is Kinsane’s ‘ideas’ person. An accomplished writer, singer, storyteller and musician, Saahil’s creative insights are a critical element to Kinsane building original universes.
• Peter Lawrence, Head of Animation, has been an author, showrunner, story editor, screenwriter, producer, and animator for international studios and producers, such as Dis-ney, Miramax, Sony, Warner’s and Rankin Bass/ABC.
• Saishree Ashwin, Head of Games, leads Kinsane’s efforts to create an enriching ex-perience for children in games, drawing on her expertise over the last decade in kids’ edutainment sector at Disney and Zapak.
• Pranab Punj, Chief Marketing Officer, a seasoned marketing professional, draws on 16 years of global experience at Viacom 18, Turner Broadcasting and Zapak in building brands for the media, entertainment, and digital industry.
• Ashok Kunder, Vice President, Finance, who was a key part of the finance team that took WNS public at the NYSE and has an exceptional track record on building financial systems and processes with growth-oriented companies that scale rapidly.
Kinsane’s team is spread across Los Angeles, New York, and Mumbai.