MediAvataar's News Desk
Work with Kumbh Mela authorities to help ease the problem of river pollution
There are some initiatives that surprise the audience, some that make people think & then there are some rare initiatives that push people to make things better and contribute towards something substantial. Hindustan Unilever Limited’s Start A Little Good – “Swachhta ki Sawari” manages to do all the above.
Empowering the boatmen community of the region, the company has joined hands with Kumbh Mela authorities in keeping the Sangam clean this year. Sangam – a confluence of the Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati rivers is considered a holy spot, a dip in it – referred to as ‘ Snaan’ – is believed to wash off one’s sins. The river is only accessible by boat and considering the volume of visitors, a substantial amount of littering (plastic bags, flowers, garlands and other offerings) ends up polluting the river. It is carelessly left to the authorities alone to manage after the mela is over, a mammoth and an almost impossible task.
To address this challenge, Hindustan Unilever partnered with Ogilvy to conceptualize a simple & innovative solution - ‘Swachhata Ki Sawari’ that aims to keep cleaning the river unceasingly.
The mechanism involves simply attaching two nets on either side of 100 boats, which ferries devotees to and from the Sangam. Once the boat is in the river, the nets which are closed at one end, collect floating garbage during the journey and once it reaches the shore to disembark passengers, a team of cleaners remove the garbage from the nets and reinstall clean nets. The cleaners then transport the collected waste to the designated garbage area on each ghat.
Explaining the idea, Kainaz Karmakar and Harshad Rajadhyaksha, Chief Creative Officers, Ogilvy India (West), commented on this project, “Simplicity is the most difficult thing to achieve. This idea achieves that. Practical, low cost and highly effective, this innovation turns everyday boats into vehicles of cleanliness.”
Speaking about the newly launched initiative, Executive Director, Homecare, HUL, Priya Nair, said ‘Start A Little Good’ and ‘Swachhata Ki Sawari’ are all about finding simple yet effective solutions to tackling growing issues like plastic pollution and waste management that we face today. We hope that this initiative will benefit in keeping the Sangam clean during the Kumbh and create awareness amongst consumers”.
On visiting Kumbh Mela, Harshvardhan Bajpai, MLA, Prayagraj North said, “To me, Swachhata Ki Sawari nets are the result of out of the box thinking; a very simple idea to a very practical problem. Deceptively basic, it’s a great example of building a sense of responsibility within the Nishad (boatmen) community and pilgrims who visit Kumbh Mela. And it’s almost poetic how the boats that ferry pilgrims to cleanse their soul in the Triveni Sangam also subconsciously help them in keeping it clean.”
The initiative managed to create a beautiful synergy between a mega brand like HUL and the limitless power of the common man to bring a sustainable change, a start for a lot of good!
Carat India, the flagship media agency from Dentsu Aegis Network, has promoted Pramod PP to Senior Business Director, Carat – Kochi.
With this announcement, Carat intends to strengthen its consumer focus and business solutions for the Kerala Market. Pramod PP will report to Rajni Menon, CEO, Carat Media Brands.
Pramod comes with over 15 years of experience in media. Has been part of Carat India for over 8 years now. Prior to this move, he was Business Director, Carat – Delhi where he was responsible for managing a wide array of clientele including Preethi Kitchen Appliances and Adidas. He was also actively involved in the buying of some of the agency’s key Global clients such as Mastercard and Microsoft.
Commenting on his new role, Pramod PP said, “I am looking forward to raise the bar further and focus on excellence in customer experience and service. I am also clear that Carat will soon become a single source solution for a vast array of prestigious brands across the South Market.”
Talking about Pramod’s elevation, Rajni Menon, CEO, Carat Media Brands said, “Pramod will play a critical role in maintaining Carat’s unparalleled expertise in the brand servicing industry. The need for a strong brand voice is imperative, due to increased competition and rapidly evolving market strategies.”
Great Lakes institute of Management, Gurgaon recently hosted its second edition of TEDxGLIMGurgaon event at its Manesar campus.
TEDx is a program of locally organized events that brings the community together to share a TED-like experience. The independently organized event, TEDxGLIMGurgaon, licensed by TED, had 7 luminaries sharing their voices and TED talks videos under the theme of -Odyssey.
Addressing the gathering, Dr Debashis Sanyal, Director, Great Lakes Institute of Management, Gurgaon, shared “I am delighted that we have such distinguished speakers for TEDx talk today. These speakers come from different walks of life and each of them brings his/her own special story filled with unique experiences and achievements. Our speakers for today not only have overcome their struggles in life but have inspired and led a path for hundreds to follow. All of these remarkable personalities are epitome of grit, perseverance and never say die spirit.”
The eclectic list of speakers for TEDxGLIMGurgaon was as follows:-
1. Nidhi Goyal – A disability rights and gender justice activist, who is also the founding member of the non-profit organization Rising Flame, is India’s first female standup comic artist who uses humor to challenge prevalent notions of disability. Nidhi emphasized that disability is a hindrance only when you let it become one, if you are strong willed and ready to face the odds nothing can stop you.
2. Nishtha Dudeja – The winner of Miss Deaf India 2018 and Miss Deaf Asia 2018, she has won numerous medals in Judo and has also been an international Lawn Tennis Player. Nishtha spoke about her struggles and triumphs. She also shared words of inspiration such as. “Life is full of uncertainties. Don't let difficulties overpower you. So don't stop even when it seems that you have reached a dead end; rather, give yourself some time and look for an alternative road which may lead you to success"
3. Anmol Rodriguez – A 23-year-old Social Entrepreneur, a childhood acid-attack victim, orphanage resident for 16 years, Instagram influencer and an actor. The multi-faceted Anmol spoke about the journey of her life teaching everyone an important lesson that a true fighter can overcome any obstacle and come out with flying colors with sheer persistence. She inspired the crowd to believe in themselves and not what society has to say and that only we can define our worth and not other people.
4. Lt Cdr Pratibha Jamwal – The pride of the nation, Pratibha Jamwal was amongst an all-woman crew on a circumnavigation mission aboard the INSV Tarini. She shared the intricate details of her voyage, where the crew battled wind speeds of 140 kmph and waves nearly three storeys high. The crew sailed 21,600 miles in 254 days before returning home setting an example that even a category 4 storm and a steering gear breakdown did not break the morale of these brave women.
5. Riya Jain – One of the trailblazers in blogging industry, Riya Jain is a buzzing name amongst social media influencers. She has thousands of followers on her social media platforms where her fans follow her tips and look out for her next post. Riya talked about her passion for blogging and that before getting that one “perfect” shot she would have to go through multiple “imperfect” shots. Riya inspired the audience to step out of their comfort zone and do what people say you cannot do.
6. Dr Umashankar Venkatesh – An educational entrepreneur he is also a favorite professor of the students at Great Lakes Gurgaon where he teaches Marketing. Dr Venkatesh spoke about his choice of picking up a teaching profession over a corporate life. His thought provoking speech included some very important life lessons. He inspired the audience to always follow their heart and not the path with short term benefits. If you are where your heart is, rest of the things will happen on their own. He also gave anecdotes like staying humble and down to earth will take one a long way.
7. Dr Hosne Ara Begum – A social entrepreneur and a womens’ rights activist Dr Hosne is an ideal for many. She not only founded Thengamara Mohila Sabuj Sangha (TMSS), a women-oriented organization in Bangladesh which strives to alleviate poverty, empower women, and improve the socio-economic infrastructure of Bangladesh. She also pioneered a movement for the well-being of transgenders of Bangladesh so that they could live a life of freedom, dignity and independence.
‘Dream without fear. Love without limits’ – this quote aptly depicts the emotional journey of the lead protagonists in the musical romantic drama LoveYatri. A love story that transcends all boundaries and hurdles, LoveYatri makes for a perfect watch this Valentine’s weekend. Produced by Salman Khan Films, LoveYatri marks the debut of Aayush Sharma and Warina Hussain in lead roles along with Ram Kapoor, Ronit Roy, Pratik Gandhi and Sajeel Parakh essaying pivotal characters. &pictures, Naye India Ka Blockbuster is all set to premiere ‘LoveYatri’, a gripping tale of a youngster willing to go that extra mile to win back his love on Sunday, 17zh February at 8pm.
Since its release, the music of LoveYatri has been topping the music charts. The album is a fun bouquet of foot-tapping tracks and songs like Chogada, Raangtaari, Akh Lad Jaave and Tera Hua became an instant hit with the viewers and all-time favourites with radio stations. Tanishk Bagchi, Lijo George - DJ Chetas and JAM8 have composed the soundtrack of the film. An expert of re-created music, Tanishk Bagchi has composed original scores for this album, and with all the EDM, techno soundscapes used liberally, the composer has actually delivered what youngsters these days like to hear, making the album an instant hit.
Warina Hussain who plays the role of Manisha said, "Shooting for LoveYatri was a dream come true. Since it was the first film for Aayush, Abhiraj and me, the journey has been special for all three of us. We would always share our nervousness and anxieties. I am glad that I got to be a part of this amazing journey."
Aayush Sharma who plays Sushrut in the movie said, “The response that I received for LoveYatri was overwhelming. The movie had a good and equal mix of everything, right from comedy to emotion and a sweet love story. I am excited to watch the World Television Premiere on &pictures and I hope the audience enjoys it as well.”
A family drama, LoveYatri takes the viewers through the vibrant city of Vadodara during the 9-day Navratri festival and introduces a simple yet intriguing love story. The film traces the lives of Sushrut aka Susu (Aayush Sharma) and Michelle (Warina Hussain) who fall for each other during Navratri ‘the festival of love’. Susu is written off as an unaspiring boy, whose only interest is to dance his life away. He constantly faces pressure from his family to find a ‘real’ job, while he dreams of opening his own garba academy. On the other hand, Manisha a.k.a Michelle who is based out of the United Kingdom is at the top of her class, but she wishes to return to her motherland in India. Her father Sameer a.k.a Sam (Ronit Roy) reluctantly agrees. Both Susu and Michelle meet during Navratri and Susu falls head over heels in love with her. As the story progresses, they both undergo many hurdles and misunderstandings as Sam is against the alliance. An unfortunate incident forces Michelle to return to the United Kingdom, leaving Susu heartbroken. Will Susu manage to clear all the misunderstandings and win back Michelle? Or will their love fail the test of time and deception?
Fall in love all over again with the World Television Premiere of LoveYatri on Sunday, 17th February 2019 at 8pm only on &pictures
A Month-Long Extravaganza of Rejoicing Independent Music begins as ‘Radio City Freedom Awards’ Powered by Skoda, Roars Into its Power Packed 6th Edition
Radio City, India’s leading radio network is all set to look out for the finest independent music talent with the launch of the 6th edition of ‘Radio City Freedom Awards’ (RCFA 6.0), powered by Skoda with 6 gigs across 7 cities and 1 grand finale. Radio City Freedom awards, over the years has been the most definitive platform to recognize and honor the best indie music talents from across the country. The month-long indie movement, will kick start on 13th February in Pune with performances from ‘Vice Versa’ and ‘The Moonstruck Project’, moving to five other cities, each witnessing high decibel concerts from favorites like ‘Paranox’, ‘Oxygen’, ‘The Tapes’, ‘Daira’, ‘Prithibi’, and ‘Redemption’, culminating with a grand finale in Mumbai.
Radio City Freedom Awards 6.0 is one of the country’s biggest indie movement which is a perfect amalgamation of talent and traditional touch. Aspirants across India can register themselves at https://www.radiocity.in/rcfa/ across various categories like Hip Hop, Folk Fusion, Metal, Electronica etc. The musicians will be judged by an esteemed jury comprising of Luke Kenny, Ritnika Nayan, Atul Churamani, Amit Gurbaxani, Anurag Tagat, amongst several others.
Commenting on the launch of the 6th edition of Radio City Freedom Awards, Ms. Rachna Kanwar, COO, Digital Media-Jagran Prakashan Limited said, “Over the years, Radio City Freedom Awards has become synonymous with independent music in India. Today, the property undoubtedly holds an aspirational value for the wave of budding independent talent in the country and we are proud to have helped lay the foundation for some of industry’s biggest talent. The growth in participation, listenership and voting is a testament to the equity RCFA commands in this space. We are thankful to everyone who has driven this success through the years and we look forward to yet another successful season ahead.”
Renowned Rap Artist Naezy said, “Firstly it is indeed a moment of pride, happiness for us rappers and indie artists that the music from the streets will now be echoed across the country through film like Gully Boy. I would like to thank the makers of the film to touch base on a topic like independent music and communicating our journey, struggle and celebration on celluloid. I believe there is a lot of untapped talent in our country that needs to be brought to the limelight. Having been one of the winners of Radio City Freedom Awards 3rd Season, I can vouch for the importance of artistes getting the right exposure. It is these larger than life platforms like Radio City Freedom Awards that play an instrumental role in not just giving artistes like me a stage to launch themselves, but also give the industry fresh and versatile music content. I wish team Radio City all the very best for yet another successful season 6 of Radio City Freedom awards and giving the industry the next wave of fresh talent.”
Radio City Freedom Awards 6.0 aims to recognise musicians across across various genres and languages and will be riding on the back of an astoundingly successful season 5 that cumulatively garnered over 16,000 votes across 13 gigs and 8 cities in 10 languages.
RCFA’s checkered list of past winners include now household names such as Divine whose life and music has been an inspiration for the upcoming movie Gully Boy, Parvaaz, Swarathma, Papon, Midival Punditz, The Ska Vengers, Indus Creed, Dualist Inquiry, Benny Dayal, Donn Bhatt, and The F16s, to name a few. Radio City Freedom Awards has successfully been India’s only platform to pave way for talent in the indie fraternity to create a mark in the mainstream industry.
Budding indie enthusiasts can send in their entries from 6th February, 2019 till 28th February, 2019 and public voting will start from 9th March 2019 till 15th March 2019 followed by a grand award night on 28th March 2019 in Mumbai.