It was a clean sweep for A+E Networks | TV18 at the Indian Telly Awards 2018 with the network’s Factual Entertainment and Lifestyle channels raking in 6 trophies between them. HISTORY TV18 alone picked up 4 awards and FYI TV18 bagged one, the network also won an award for Creative Leadership.
All in all, the network won six awards under categories - Best Script Writer, Best Director of Photography, Best Editor (Non-Fiction), Best Director (Non-Fiction), Best Lifestyle Programme and Excellence in Creative Leadership (Original Content).
Speaking on the occasion, Avinash Kaul, MD A+E Networks | TV18 and COO Network18 said, “We are delighted on winning these awards. Accolades such as these only reinforce our commitment to provide differentiated content on our network and push the envelope on clutter breaking programming. I would like to congratulate the entire team for this big win.”
A+E Networks | TV18 won accolades in the following categories:
· Best Script Writer (Non-Fiction): Iqbal Malhotra - “Netaji Bose & The Lost Treasure”
· Best Director of Photography (Non-Fiction): Kumar Subramaniyan – “Special Operations India - Pathankot”
· Best Editor (Non-Fiction): Mahesh Ranjan & Dweerad Mohapatra – “Special Operations India- Pathankot”
· Best Director (Non-Fiction): Prabhu Asgaonkar & Maneka Asgaonkar - “Special Operations India – Pathankot”
· Best Lifestyle Programme - “Small Budget Big Makeover Season 2”
· Excellence In Creative Leadership (Original Content) - Arun Thapar, A+E Networks | TV18
The Indian Telly Awards is an annual award for excellence both on-screen and behind-the-scenes of television in India. The awards recognize the efforts of the technicians who work endlessly to make their projects successful. The Indian Telly Technical Trade and Programming Awards award the best in television production, editing, writing, direction, distribution, and creation.